In the first of our blog posts to celebrate Volunteers Week 2019, we’re interviewing our volunteers. In this interview, they talk about their role, what it involves and what they gain from it.
This time, we speak to Keith Ledson one of our volunteer activity supporters. Keith speaks about his role and what he gets from it.
1. How long have you been volunteering with LEEP1? Around 18 months.
2. What does your role involve? I see my role as being one of giving support to members of the group.
3. Why did you decide to volunteer for LEEP1? I had left my job in the NHS, and wanted to continue working voluntarily in some way.
4. What do you enjoy about volunteering with LEEP1? Members of the group are so welcoming and friendly. Every session brings enjoyment not only for me, but hopefully for the group too.
5. What advice would you give to anyone who is considering to become a volunteer? Volunteering can be very rewarding, you never know what challenges you may face at each session, which makes the whole experience so varied.