Leep1 is looking for 3 more people with learning disabilities to join its board of Directors.
Who are Leep1?
- Leep1 is a Community Interest Company in Leeds. We are linked to The Advonet Group.
- Leep1 stands for Leeds People First and self-advocacy is important to all it does.
- Its main funding is from Leeds City Council to provide activities together with people with learning disabilities. It also provides training opportunities through Café Leep. It has many other projects and activities including running monthly club nights.
What will a Leep1 Director do?
Work with the Board’s Co-Chairs to make sure Leep1 is:
- Looking after its money well.
- Doing what it has said it will and providing an excellent service.
- Working to its values.
- Sticking to its rules and policies.
- Looking after its members and staff well.
- Involving people who use the service in its plans.
The Board directors will help to check Leep1 is doing things well, look for new opportunities and help set plans for Leep1.
What will we do for you?
- You will be a volunteer with us, so will get training, support and expenses.
- We are developing new training for Board members to help understand and work well in the role and a buddy system.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is passionate about the rights of people with learning disabilities.
- Is able to challenge and ask questions where needed.
- Is able to work with the co-chairs, staff and members to help set goals for Leep1.
If you are interested and want more information, please contact:
The Leep1 manager Helen Whitelam, who can talk to you about the ways you can apply or put you in touch with the co-chairs for more information.
Contact Helen by email at [email protected] or by calling our office on 0113 243 9477.
Applications to join the Board need to be in by Friday 7th July.